Thursday, March 15, 2007

Finally in Raleigh

RALEIGH, N.C., 10:02 p.m. — Ah, the words followed by a double-dash I have been itching to type for hours.

All in all, my flight to Raleigh from Philadelphia was delayed roughly 5 1/2 hours before I was even able to board. Add to that about an hour on the runway in Philly thanks to weather and air traffic issues and my estimated time of arrival in Raleigh changes from 3 p.m. to roughly about 9...

...But I'm not complaining. It's about 74 degrees under partly cloudy skies, here in North Carolina. I bid adieu to my two traveling friends (from Oklahoma and Illinois, respectively) and am raring and ready to go in Raleigh.

I've heard that this town is a sports town, so tomorrow should be an exhilarating. Hopefully, my colleague Sean T. McMann had better luck traveling than I did. We are both in store for some great basketball over the next two days with Marist signature players like Jordan and Whittington, Kresge and Dahlman...

Well, my dinner is here and I am starving..I'll check back in before bed.

No comments: